Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The 'Empathy' Nominee


http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124338457658756731.html

In a speech published in the Berkeley La Raza Law Journal in 2002, Judge Sotomayor offered her own interpretation of this jurisprudence. "Justice [Sandra Day] O'Connor has often been cited as saying that a wise old man and wise old woman will reach the same conclusion in deciding cases," she declared. "I am . . . not so sure that I agree with the statement. First, . . . there can never be a universal definition of wise. Second, I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."

I think Charo with her rich experience as a guest star on The Love Boat would have more empathy for the common man.  Cuchi-cuchi

(Now, if that comment doesn't catch the attention of Instapundit, I don't know what will.)

No comments: