Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Rush Job: Inside Dems' Limbaugh plan

"The administration is enabling me," he wrote in an e-mail to POLITICO. "They are expanding my profile, expanding my audience and expanding my influence. An ever larger number of people are now being exposed to the antidote to Obamaism: conservatism, as articulated by me. An ever larger number of people are now exposed to substantive warnings, analysis and criticism of Obama's policies and intentions, a 'story' I own because the [mainstream media] is largely the Obama Press Office." 

The bigger, the better, agreed Carville. "It's great for us, great for him, great for the press," he said of Limbaugh. "The only people he's not good for are the actual Republicans in Congress."

If Limbaugh himself were to coin a phrase for it, he might call it Operation Rushbo – an idea that started out simply enough but quickly proved to be deeply resonant by a rapid succession of events, say Democrats inside and outside the West Wing.


I think the Democrats are making a big mistake in trying to take on Rush directly.  It will force the press to cover Rush and eventually some people are going to listen to him and decide that he actually makes sense.  The Democrats already control Congress, and people don't think they're doing such a great job.

No comments: