Thursday, September 29, 2011

Firefly poster deemed Unacceptable by university

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/09/brad-kozak/freedom-of-speech-evidently-has-no-place-in-a-university/


Firefly-poster

The poster you see above refers to a short-lived show on Fox, Firefly, which has since gone on to become a cult hit. Apparently the poster was deemed offensive by someone(s) at the school. (For the record, I don’t think anybody has a problem with actor Nathan Fillion, who’s gone on to star in the ABC hit Castle.) Evidently, the text was the problem. Specifically the mention of killing, and the implication that weapons (ie: GUNS) would be used in the crime. If you’re having a little problem with your browser reading the text, here’s what you’re missing:

You don’t know me son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you’ll be awake. You’ll be facing me. And you’ll be armed.

Posted via email from The Blue Pelican

No comments: